GifCam comes free from any harmful/adware software. I found some websites hosting GifCam and bundling it with malware/adware/toolbars..
make sure to get it from this official webpage latest version 6.5.
When you’re ready, click “Rec” to start recording or click “Frame” to record a single frame.
GifCam is practical
To delete frames/add or remove delays, click on “Edit” button then right click on the frame you want to edit :
When you done recording and editing,
you can save your gif in 5 color reduction formats.
GifCam can be used in many creative ways like:
creating an animated painting using MS Paint (264 frames just 17.4 KB !!)
or delivering an animated message in notepad (123 frames just 13.4 KB !!)
or creating a retro gif (monochrome color redaction) from YouTube video (41 frames 219 KB)
- Two more Frame rate options for more smooth gif:
- 10 FPS(0.1 second delay) the default.
- 16 FPS(0.06 second delay) minimum accepted delay in all major browsers.
- 33 FPS(0.03 second delay)
minimum accepted delay in modern browsers, notice that some browsers doesn’t accept 0.03 delay between frames and round it to 10 FPS(0.1 second delay).
- A new way to adjust frames delay: By dragging the delay label (each pixel = 0.01 second)
Shift + dragging will add/remove delays to/from all frames (0.03 second is the minimum delay).
- Disable GreenScreen: Shift + Save Button(or any save redaction option).
- Capture cursor: useful for demonstrating the mouse interaction.
- Full Screen: GifCam ignores recording area and capture the Full Screen.
- Recording different frames dimensions (resize while recording).
- One Gigabyte Memory usage limit: to prevent slowing down the system.
- Getting the recording area dimensions while resizing the app.
- Other bugs fixes and tweaks.
Version 3.0 comes with five Sweet features and some minor fixes:
- Resize: anti-aliasing resize frames by percentage.
- Yoyo: adds reverse frames.
- Preview: preview with size.
- Export To AVI: export your record to uncompressed video.
- One bug fixed: Yoyo feature adds 0 ms delay to all yoyo frames instead of adding yoyo delays.
- Custom color reduction: snapping color to nearest number.
version 4.0 comes with the three most requested features:
- Change green-screen color: To prevent conflict between recorded colors and green-screen color.
- Crop: with the classic nostalgic “Marching ants” selection effect.
- Other Fixes and Changes:
-Renaming “yoyo” option name to “add reverse frames” clearer function name.
-Removing “Add 0.1 Sec Delay” and “Remove 0.1 Sec Delay” options because the right click edit menu is getting bigger and adding delay can be done more practically by dragging delay label or from “keyboard input” window.
-Fixing dragging delay stops.
-Centering all windows to main GifCam window.
-Fixing power of 10 gif size in preview window.
– Three FPS options that appears on the “Rec” split button menu.
– Option for storing temporary frame on hard disk or memory.
– Customization GifCam memory usage limit (default is 1 GB).
– Setting GifCam window size.
– Option for always capturing mouse cursor.
– Higher fps means bigger gif file size.
– Using memory option is faster and more performance than using hard disk option.
– When increasing memory usage limit, make sure you have enough memory to use, if you haven’t your system may slow dawn and may crush.
– And finally it is recommended to use the default settings.
the size of the frame in bytes, number of colors, and percentage of green screen.
Profile window is resizable, resize it for bigger bar chart.
- Other fixes and changes:
– Fixing the gif file size in the preview window.
– When saving, “Gif.gif” is the default file name.
- Supporting high dpi display.
I apologize for the “too late update”, and I hope you like the new features :)
- Automatically detect and set transparent/greenscreen color.
- An option for saving “setting.ini” in the same gifcam directory.
- GifCam 5.5 can access/use 4GB address space on 64 bit machines.
- Supporting dropping gif file on the main GifCam window to open it.
Here is more details about GifCam 5.5 http://blog.bahraniapps.com/gifcam-5-5/
Quality improvements update
- Scalable user interface: GifCam 6.0 scales to fit the display resolution.
- Improvement of the transparent/green screen color detection.
- Changing the default save name to Date+Ttime.
- Updating About dialog and adding support options.
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements.
for more details about GifCam 6.0 http://blog.bahraniapps.com/gifcam-6-0/
- Keyboard Shortcut: finally!
for more details about GifCam 6.5 http://blog.bahraniapps.com/gifcam-6-5/
GifCam is totally free
also supporting the app is greatly appreciated
Compatible With Windows 10,8,7,Vista,XP.
Here are some tips for using GifCam:
- The less color the gif has the less gif size you get, try to balance the quality with the size.
- “Delete even frames” is your tool to delete half the frames and keep the animation (reasonable).