- Crop: with the nostalgic “Marching ants” selection effect.
- Hue And Saturation: Because saturation and shading of two colors generate “good quality looking” gif.
- Other Fixes and Changes:
-Fixing double extension “gif.gif” file name problem.
-Renaming “yoyo” option name to “add reverse frames” clearer function name.
-Removing “Add 0.1 Sec Delay” and “Remove 0.1 Sec Delay” options because the right click edit menu is getting bigger and adding delay can be done more practically by dragging delay label or from “keyboard input” window.
-Fixing dragging delay stops.
-Centering all windows to main GifCam window.
-Fixing power of 10 gif size in preview window.
Get it here
GifCam version 4.0 comes with the three most requested features:
- Change green-screen color: To prevent conflict between recorded colors and green-screen color.
- Keyboard Inputs: GifCam has only a mouse-centric interface with Keyboard Inputs window you can type some values (delay, resize and delete from to).
- Option to store frames on hard Disk instead of memory: Shift + New will save recorded frames in Temporary folder:
Get it here
Here is a list of GifCam alternatives software, they have the same idea of generating gifs by recording screen, you may find one of them suit your need, or has features GifCam miss, or has better user interface :
Maybe I’m biased to tell my favorite :)
What is your favorite and why?
GifCam 3.1 is one bug fix update, it is actually one line of code I forgot to write,
this missing line cause the yoyo feature not adding yoyo delays to yoyo frames instead it adds 0 ms delay to all yoyo frames:
Although I don’t think it worth to change the version number, but I changed it to 3.1 :) for distinguishing the bug version, sorry about that.