Dear people who use GifCam,
It’s been nearly two years since the last update of GifCam! ): sigh.. I know,
but I’ve decided “strongly” to come up with a new and improved version :) and to fulfill my promises of polishing the software, also I’ve found a lot of nice people in the comments and the social media still prefer GifCam over other gif recorders, so it’s nice to make it better :)
Here is GifCam 5.5 http://www.bahraniapps.com/apps/gifcam/GifCam_5.5.zip I will keep it on this blog post as a Beta for testing and feedback before approving it on the official GifCam page:
- Automatically detect and set transparent/greenscreen color, so if your recording contains green color the transparent/greenscreen will be set to red, if it contains green & red it will be blue and so on..
this feature will be helpful for many users who haven’t figured out how to change the greenscreen color manually, thinking there is a bug in gifcam , also you can still change it manually if you like to get the effect of having one of the recording color matching the transparing color which create an interesting effects sometimes :)
- An option for saving “setting.ini” in the same gifcam directory, with that option you can move your settings with GifCam.exe and you can have multiple GifCam.exe with different settings.
- GifCam 5.5 can access/use 4GB address space on 64 bit computers which is the maximum memory usage for 32bit applications.
- Accurate pixel perfect recording area calculations (in older versions recording area does not match the output gif accurately)
- fixing “recording outside area” & “black border” for some high screen resolution displays.
- Supporting dropping gif file on the main GifCam window to open it.
I used to reply to all your comments and take suggestions considerably to improve and polish GifCam (nowadays I don’t know if I have the energy & time to reply to all your comments but for sure I would read them all seriously), so if you have any suggestions/features you are more than welcome.
Finally I would like to apologize for the “too late update”, and I hope you like the new features :)