Dear people who use GifCam,
It’s been nearly two years since the last update of GifCam! ): sigh.. I know,
but I’ve decided “strongly” to come up with a new and improved version :) and to fulfill my promises of polishing the software, also I’ve found a lot of nice people in the comments and the social media still prefer GifCam over other gif recorders, so it’s nice to make it better :)
Here is GifCam 5.5 http://www.bahraniapps.com/apps/gifcam/GifCam_5.5.zip I will keep it on this blog post as a Beta for testing and feedback before approving it on the official GifCam page:
- Automatically detect and set transparent/greenscreen color, so if your recording contains green color the transparent/greenscreen will be set to red, if it contains green & red it will be blue and so on..
this feature will be helpful for many users who haven’t figured out how to change the greenscreen color manually, thinking there is a bug in gifcam , also you can still change it manually if you like to get the effect of having one of the recording color matching the transparing color which create an interesting effects sometimes :)
- An option for saving “setting.ini” in the same gifcam directory, with that option you can move your settings with GifCam.exe and you can have multiple GifCam.exe with different settings.
- GifCam 5.5 can access/use 4GB address space on 64 bit computers which is the maximum memory usage for 32bit applications.
- Accurate pixel perfect recording area calculations (in older versions recording area does not match the output gif accurately)
- fixing “recording outside area” & “black border” for some high screen resolution displays.
- Supporting dropping gif file on the main GifCam window to open it.
I used to reply to all your comments and take suggestions considerably to improve and polish GifCam (nowadays I don’t know if I have the energy & time to reply to all your comments but for sure I would read them all seriously), so if you have any suggestions/features you are more than welcome.
Finally I would like to apologize for the “too late update”, and I hope you like the new features :)
I’ve received many comments and emails about gifcam not recording right when running on high dpi display, disabling gifcam from display scaling is not a true solution, gifcam should detect the dpi of the display and scale itself.
I don’t have high dpi display so I’m trying to fix a problem I don’t see :)
but I checked the fix in Microsoft Windows Simulator running windows 10 with many resolutions:
If you have a high DPI display please download this version http://www.bahraniapps.com/apps/gifcam/GifCam_5.1.zip and confirm in the comments below that this fix is working and gifcam text and interface does not look blurry and type which Windows version you are on.
Thanks in advance :)
From the comments below I see Gif Cam 5.1 works fine with high dpi displays, so I updated GifCam home page with version 5.1.
Thanks for the feedback :)
GifCam 5.0 comes with customization and saving settings, profile and other fixes and changes, for more details:
Get it here
- Crop: with the nostalgic “Marching ants” selection effect.
- Hue And Saturation: Because saturation and shading of two colors generate “good quality looking” gif.
- Other Fixes and Changes:
-Fixing double extension “gif.gif” file name problem.
-Renaming “yoyo” option name to “add reverse frames” clearer function name.
-Removing “Add 0.1 Sec Delay” and “Remove 0.1 Sec Delay” options because the right click edit menu is getting bigger and adding delay can be done more practically by dragging delay label or from “keyboard input” window.
-Fixing dragging delay stops.
-Centering all windows to main GifCam window.
-Fixing power of 10 gif size in preview window.
Get it here
GifCam version 4.0 comes with the three most requested features:
- Change green-screen color: To prevent conflict between recorded colors and green-screen color.
- Keyboard Inputs: GifCam has only a mouse-centric interface with Keyboard Inputs window you can type some values (delay, resize and delete from to).
- Option to store frames on hard Disk instead of memory: Shift + New will save recorded frames in Temporary folder:
Get it here